Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Ggureomi

I got a message last night saying that my Ggureomi had been packed and shipped.

Then, I got a message while teaching (just after 9AM) saying that my Ggureomi would be delivered between 12 and 3PM.

Then, I got a ring at my doorbell at about 12:30.  The maildude had come!  Here's what he brought:


I didn't have to wonder what was inside, though, because I had been eagerly awaiting the delivery since receiving the contents message in advance on Monday: 1kg each of apples, tangerines, persimmons, pears, chestnuts, and tomatoes.  6k of local produce for 25000 won?! To rephrase, 13.2 pounds of organic fruit for $21.625?! This is too good to be true. I don't think I even need to include any recipes in this one. Just dig in. 


The nitty-gritty
Persimmons: organic, from 장성
Chestnuts: organic, from 공주
Apples: pesticide-free, domestic
Tangerines: organic, from 제주
Pears: organic, from 상주
"Turning point of the season fully-ripe tomatoes:" Organic, domestic.

There's also a little note on the newsletter: if you get a friend to sign up for Ggureomi, they'll send you a bag of organic indigenous/heirloom rice.

For information about signing yourself or a friend up to receive weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly Ggureomi deliveries, email noksaeksari at gmail dot com!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.  And a big "Thank You" to Heuksalim for providing us with all this goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment